A nice Black sesame chiffon cake that i baked few weeks ago..
It was moist, light and nice aroma, no burden to eat more!
Black Sesame Chiffon Cake黑芝麻戚风蛋糕
*makes a 8” tube chiffon pan
4 egg yolks (A size)
15g caster sugar
60g corn oil
70g cake flour
20g pure black sesame powder
4 egg white (A size)
70g caster sugar
1/4tsp cream of Tartar or 1/2tsp lemon juices
Immediately separate cold eggs after taken them out from the refrigerator (cold eggs separate more easily) into two mixing bowls (No oil and no water in these bowls, clean and dry bowls). Set aside and allow them return to room temperature.
- Immediately separate cold eggs after taken them out from the refrigerator (cold eggs separate more easily) into two mixing bowls (No oil and no water in these bowls, clean and dry bowls). Set aside and allow them return to room temperature.
- Add sugar into egg yolks, immediately lightly whisk the egg yolks and sugar till light (Try to whisk immediately once sugar is added into egg yolks, egg will cover the sugar and turned hard if sit there for too long).
- Add in corn oil, mix well. Then add in milk, stir well to combine. Add in flour and black sesame powder, stir to well combine.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar till foamy , gradually add in sugar in there batches and continue beat until soft peak formed.
- Take 1/3 of meringue and use a hand whisk to mix well and lighten the egg yolk batter (Do not worry you will deflate the batter at this stage )
- Now change hand whisk to a silicone spatula, fold in 1/3 of meringue, gently fold with egg yolk batter till slightly combined. Fold in the balance meringue and gently fold till well combined.
- Pour cake batter into chiffon pan, wipe off those excess batter stick on the tube or insert area. Fill batter about 80% full but not fill too full as cake has no space to rise while baking and resulted cake shrinkage. Tap pan on the counter top to remove air trapped inside the batter.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 170c for 35mins-40mins or until cooked.
- Once baked, turn your chiffon tin upside down and cool completely before remove from the tin.
- Chiffon cake is ready to unmould. You can use a plastic thin spatula to run the pan and unmould the chiffon or you can unmould using bare hands method if you have master this skill.