When I think of quesadilla’s, I think of my daughter as a youngster. She was about ten the first time we went to Mexico as a family. At every restaurant, she ordered a cheese quesadilla… the closest thing to her favorite grilled cheese sandwiches.
There are so many ways to make a quick and easy quesadilla. You can customize them for vegetarians or those who need gluten free. I typically use chicken, vegetables and cheese in mine, but you can adapt yours for the child that won’t eat a vegetable, or the one who doesn’t eat cheese. Take this as more of a process, than a recipe. Isn’t that the way most of us like to cook?
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 3 TBS olive oil (or canola)
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 TBS salsa
- 1 TBS taco seasoning (Store bought or follow directions below.)
- 4 Wheat tortillas (or corn for gluten free)
- 1 cup cheese
- 2 TBS butter