These Crockpot BBQ Brown Sugar Baked Beans may be one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever cooked. You literally just dump all of the ingredients into the crockpot and walk away. No fuss, no muss.
The lack of effort required to make these homemade baked beans does not translate into a lack of flavor. You’ll be the hero of any party if you show up toting a crockpot full of these suckers!
One thing I do not like is runny baked beans. I like my baked beans to have a rich sauce that stays put and doesn’t leach and combine with the other delicious foods on my picnic plate.
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory & Brown Sugar)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 15oz can Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- (2) 28oz cans Pork and Beans (I used Campbell's)