I love a good crab cake, but the calories aren’t worth it for a weekday meal, so I save my crab cake cravings for visits to our local seafood restaurant.
Tilapia Cakes with Zucchini Salad
While tilapia can’t compare to crab, it’s certainly less expensive, and did a good job as a stand-in for its more popular seafood cousin.
Tilapia Fish Cakes
I don’t often take out my food processor because I love the zen that comes with chopping food, but it made a nice consistency helpful for molding patties.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 12 ounces tilapia filets, cut into bite sized chunks
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small lemon , juiced
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- ¾ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons low calorie mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup cilantro or parsley , minced
- 6 tablespoons green onion, thinly sliced