Years ago I bought a bottle of chipotle barbecue sauce at Costco that we literally ate straight from the bottle – until I read the nutrition label.
Our beloved sauce was loaded with high fructose corn syrup (second on the list), not to mention a variety of ingredients that don’t resemble any food I’ve ever seen.
But I wasn’t about to live without my sweet and spicy sauce, so I decided to make my own version. After all – how hard could it be?
Turns out making my own version wasn’t all that difficult. All I needed was an all fruit jar of raspberry jam, and a can of chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce.
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 2 small lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Franks Hot Sauce, add more to taste
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ cup all fruit raspberry jam
- 1 small lime zest
- 1 teaspoon chipotle in adobo sauce, or more if you like it hot
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 ounces wild Alaskan salmon, filets
- 4 cups lettuce leaves, chopped
- 1 small mango, cubed
- ¼ medium red onion, sliced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped