On Monday, as we remember those who have died in service to our country, at our Memorial Day barbecue we’ll be serving up a few lower calorie barbecue recipes to share with family and friends like this refreshing Asian Kale salad.
And since not everyone appreciates kale’s leafy greens, we’ll add this easy pasta salad to the table too.
If we don’t grill up a juicy burger, I’m guessing there will be a mass exodus out the door, so these beef burgers stuffed with provolone and mushrooms ought to do the trick!
- 2 cups English cucumber, diced
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 cups kale, chopped
- 1 medium orange , juiced
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ inch piece ginger, finely minced
- ½ cup almonds, slivered
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (I used black rice from PCC)