Offers to promote products or books often come my way, but just because a package lands on my doorstep, doesn’t mean I’ll blog about it. It’s only after researching the product, or testing a few recipes from a cookbook, that I pass those offers along to you.
That being said, today’s seafood taco is another family tested recipe from Joy Bauer’s Slim and Scrumptious cookbook.
Joy Bauer’s Fish Tacos
Combining sour cream and buttermilk would never have crossed my mind, but what a terrific dressing for this simple fish taco recipe. Be sure to double the recipe for a salad the next day, or to use as a sauce with grilled pork or chicken. I love dressings that can multitask!
- Dressing Ingredients:
- ¼ cup nonfat sour cream
- ¼ cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fish Ingredients:
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder, or any Mexican seasoning you have on hand
- Salad Ingredients:
- 8 – 6” corn tortillas
- 4 cups mixed greens, I used a tender, leafy chard
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup slices red onion, my addition
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges