Please share if you love it!Twitter2
Meat free? Are you kidding me?
This was my husband’s response when I told him we were going to eat meat free once a week. That was a year ago, and he hasn’t complained one bit.
Mexican Black Bean and Fresh Corn Tacos
And why would he? It’s easy enough to replace chicken and beef with filling foods like protein packed beans and grains like quinoa.
Don’t get me wrong, a juicy steak with horseradish on the side is tops on my list of favorite meals. In fact, I believe that we need good sources of protein in our diet, and that includes a variety of meats and seafood. I also believe that eating meat free adds variety to our menus, thus adding other nutrients we wouldn’t normally get in our typical weekday meals.
- 1 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup corn, fresh from the cob
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 3 tablespoons Drick's Mexican Seasoning
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 8 small tortillas
- 8 tablespoons light sour cream
- 8 tablespoons light Mexican cheese, shredded