Please share if you love it!
When I saw this recipe I immediately thought of my two favorite girls – Lauren and Kiery. Both are an inspiration when it comes to healthy eating and staying fit.
These young professional women, don’t have a lot of extra time on their hands, so the simplicity of this salad will fit perfectly into their busy schedules.
This recipe came with our weekly csa from the Maltby Produce Market. They credit bestapples.com, and the credit is well deserved.
I made a few modifications to lighten up the calories by reducing the oil by 1/2 tablespoon and using grape seed oil instead of vegetable oil.
- 1 can low sodium kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium apples, cored and chopped with skin
- ¼ cup green onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup mild peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1 pinch salt