Please share if you love it!Twitter1
Cooking last night wasn’t high on my list of priorities. Adding to my lack of motivation was the fact that there wasn’t a lot to choose from in the pantry – a can of beans, leftover rice and cooked chicken. Talk about a dull list of ingredients!
Mexican Rice and Chicken
What could I do to make this dish a bit more appealing? Add Tequila! Who doesn’t love Tequila?
The Tequila and lime added some much needed zip to my plain old rice and beans. Topped with a little cheese and sour cream, this meal turned out pretty darn good, considering it’s humble beginnings.
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can Swanson Caribbean Recipe Black Beans or Black Beans
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 4 tablespoons Tequila
- 1 tablespoon lime
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 8 tablespoons low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons light sour cream