Please share if you love it!Twitter2
Drown my pasta dish in a heavy sauce?
These days I can’t afford the calories in a creamy sauce, (although I would agree with you that there are light white sauces that are pretty darn good), and I’m not in the mood for another tomato based sauce.
Shrimp and Chard with Pasta
So tonight I let the flavors of chard fresh from the garden, tender shrimp straight from the freezer (ha!), and a quality whole wheat pasta be the stars of the show. With a touch of sweet basil and nutty Parmesan cheese, this was a pasta dish that myself and my weight watching friends can afford to eat.
- 4 ounces whole wheat pasta, cooked and drained
- 12 large shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 6 cups chard, rough chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup basil, rough chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese , shredded
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese , shredded