Please share if you love it!Twitter0
I’ve been on a cod kick lately. It’s a fish that harmonizes well with almost anything I combine it with. Today’s cod recipe uses the heat of chipotle peppers to spice up my moist and flaky cod.
The original recipe came from AllRecipes.com and used shrimp and bib lettuce in place of cod and cabbage. I was looking to make a wrap sandwich with my cod, so I wanted crunchy cabbage.
I found these Mountain Bread Light Wraps at the local Fred Meyer. The only ingredients are organic whole wheat flour, filtered water and salt. They are thin, but only 70 calories, and did a fine job of holding together my cod salad.
- 1 pound cod fillets
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup celery, chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- ½ teaspoon cumin