This recipe comes from Debbie, my coworker and fellow foodie friend. Debbie and I work for our local school district in their technology department.
When Debbie attended a meeting where our food services department served a quinoa salad, she just had to try it. In fact, she made the same dish twice in one weekend!
Being foodies, we did some brainstorming to see how we could improve an already healthy and delicious meal, and decided some shrimp and avocado would take this dish over the top, and it did.
- 3 cups quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup green onion, sliced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium Roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, cooked
- 1 medium avocado, sliced into 16 slices