I’m a big believer in starting your day with some kind of breakfast. Isn’t that what educators tell parents all the time? We are told to send our kids to school with a full tummy so they can concentrate on their work, yet as adults, we start our day with a latte from the local coffee stand. We justify our breakfast of choice as being nutritious since we’ve added a splash of milk to it.
Don’t get me wrong, I have my coffee every day too, but I’d never make it through the morning without breakfast. I need the energy I get from oatmeal, yogurt, smoothies, or in this case, egg muffins.
- 3 large eggs
- 6 large egg white
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 small artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell (capsicum) peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, minced
- 2 tsp canola oil