When you buy a steak, it’s usually twice the size the normal serving size. Who could eat all that? We always have leftover steak when we barbecue, so leftovers go into a salad the next day.
If you follow my blog, you know I’m big into color. The more color in a dish, the more nutrition, and a salad is a terrific way to get all those colors into your diet. Yes, that includes lean beef too. Unless you’re a vegetarian, or have diet restrictions, there’s nothing wrong with a little lean beef here and there.
- 4 ounces leftover grilled steak, thinly sliced
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom , sliced
- ½ cup green onion, sliced
- 2 ounces french bread, cubed in 1" chunks
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese , shredded