Company was coming for dinner, and we are in the process of selling our house. I didn’t have time to peruse cookbooks and blogs planning a meal, so I decided pizza was in order.
But why eat at the local pizza parlor where they charge a fortune for a greasy pizza, when you could have all the fun of making your own?
It was easy enough to take out the bread machine, and make my own dough. Fortunately, the bread machine wasn’t packed away yet. While the dough was making itself in the bread machine, I chopped up a few veggies, and placed all my pizza goodies on a platter.
- Easy Veggie Pizza with a Nutty Whole Wheat Crust
- Makes 2 - 14" pizzas
- Pizza Dough Ingredients
- 1 ⅓ cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Pizza Toppings
- 1 medium red bell (capsicum) peppers, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup basil
- 4 cups light mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups pizza sauce