Please share if you love it!Twitter1
In my experience, most men want beef. Beef burgers, big steaks, beef, beef, beef. Now I’m sure there are a lot of men out there that wouldn’t touch the stuff, but those men don’t live with me.
Wanting to please the man in the family, I bought some stew meat and mushrooms and set out to make a hearty beef soup.
Tender pieces of beef and mushrooms really satisfied those beef cravings. I was even able to sneak the kale in without comment from the hubby!
- ¾ pound beef stew meat, trimmed of fat and cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup merlot
- 1 can low sodium beef broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large bay leaf
- 4 cups kale, trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 package mushroom , sliced
- 1 can golden mushroom soup