One thing we love here in Texas is BBQ. I can eat BBQ sandwiches pretty much any way whether its BBQ brisket or BBQ pork. My favorite by far is Root Beer Pulled Pork. It's easy to make because this recipe utilizes your crock pot and it's so yummy to eat.
You pretty much just toss everything in the crock pot and let it do its magic. This is the perfect meal for these hot summer days. I like to add root beer to my pulled pork because it makes a tasty sweet and tangy sauce.
I don't shred all of the pork because I like a few big chunks in my pulled pork sandwiches. This time I served my pulled pork on Ciabatta Rolls, but any roll will do. Pair this wonderful BBQ Sandwich with your favorite baked bean and potato salad recipe to complete your meal.
I think this recipe would work perfectly for the upcoming 4Th of July Holiday. Lets get started and I will show you just how easy this pulled pork recipe is to make.
These are the ingredients you will need: Root beer, yellow label syrup, liquid smoke, BBQ sauce, onion, pork rub and garlic.
Rub two tables spoons pork rub all over making sure to cover the whole pork roast. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Get the pan nice and hot and then add the roast. Sear the pork roast on all sides.
Remove the roast from the pan and add to a crock pot. Add the onion, garlic, one teaspoon of liquid smoke and one cup of root beer. Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
When done remove the roast from the crock pot and discard the liquid and onions. Let the roast cool and shred the pork into pieces using two forks. Return the shredded meat to the crock pot.
- Stir in the remaining one cup of root beer, BBQ sauce, yellow label syrup and remaining teaspoon of liquid smoke; stir to combine. Cook on low an additional hour.
- Serve on hamburger buns, rolls or hoagies. Don't forget to add your favorite side dishes. I am also including a link to my favorite potato salad recipe.
- Crock Pot Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 1 - 1 to 3 pound pork roast - I used a 1 1/2 lb pork sirloin tip roast
- 2 - tablespoons grill mates pork rub
- 2 - cups root beer
- 1 - small onion, cubed
- 2 - cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 - teaspoons liquid smoke
- 2 - tablespoons Yellow Label Syrup
- 1 - 18 oz bottle Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce or use your favorite