Recently I went to San Francisco for the 2012 Foodbuzz Blogger Festival. One of the events we went to was the Taste Pavilion. There we get to taste and see a lot of products that are available. Some before they are open to the public. One of my fantastic finds at this venue was Shelly's Gluten-Free Biscotti. Yes, that is right. I said; "GLUTEN-FREE BISCOTTI!" Shelly was so sweet. As I made my way through the pavilion it was the same thing over and over: "Do you have any gluten-free products?" Over half of them didn't. I almost walked past this booth because I looked and saw biscotti. She must have seen my face because she nicely offered me some and I said; "oh, I'm sorry, my blog is for Celiac's and it has to be gluten-free". I further explained my daughter has celiac disease. She quietly reached into her box and pulled out a package for me. She was tasting and not giving out product, so I was honored she gave me a packet for my daughter to try. This is tremendous stuff folks. I have tried others. Nothing comes close. You should have seen my daughters face when she bit into this scrumptious biscotti.
- For information on where to buy this fabulous gluten-free biscotti, you can click here: Where to buy Shelly's Biscotti. You can also buy directly from here here: http://www.shelleysbiscotti.com/shop/.
- So I wanted to make something that would go really well with the biscotti, other than just plain old coffee. I whipped up some of my homemade dark hot chocolate and it was pure bliss. Go get yourself some biscotti and use my recipe below for a fantastic treat!
- Dark Hot Chocolate
- adapted from Martha Stewart
- 1 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- cocoa powder for garnish
- Warm milk and cream in a medium saucepan over a medium-low heat.
- Add chocolate. Whisk until melted and combined. Add sugar, and whisk until dissolved. Continue to warm mixture until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with cocoa powder.
- Dip in your biscotti and eat!
- Follow Us: