Our son just finished his first season of baseball and he had so much fun! He’s ten years old, so he’s a little late to the game compared to a lot of his friends, but better late than never. He loves it so much! I made these cute Baseball Cupcakes for the boys at their last game the other day. Although they didn’t win one game (bless their little hearts), they still had a blast and I’m pretty sure they loved these cupcakes. They disappeared VERY quickly. And they deserved a fun treat after all of their hard work.
- 1 funfetti cake mix, prepared according to package instructions (I used Pillsbury which is also available in gluten free)
- Note: I prefer to bring the eggs I use in the cake batter to be room temperature
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar (if you buy it in the plastic bag, you don't have to sift it)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Red food coloring paste such as Wilton brand or you can use a tube of store bought red frosting.