Father’s Day is fast approaching and I wanted to make something that I knew my Dad would like. It’s been many years since I’ve actually spent Father’s Day with my Dad, but he knows that I love him all the same.
My Dad loves avocados and much to my Mother’s dismay he loves Petit Jean Bacon. All things in moderation, right? So, I had to put the two together and here you have it: Bacon-Black Bean & Avocado Salsa.
I used Petit Jean Pepper Bacon and it adds a little kick to the salsa without it being too hot. If you or your Dad like the hot stuff, you could throw in a diced jalapeño. For now I’m happy with a touch of black pepper.
- 4 slices Petit Jean Peppered Bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- juice from ½ of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1½ teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or parsley