Snacks are a must with teenagers and what’s better than homemade snacks? I made a small batch of pizza dough stuffed it with bacon and smoked gouda and it was totally delicious. An ideal snack for game day, tailgating, after school or just a lazy Sunday afternoon. If you aren’t up to making pizza dough (but it is really easy!) just use a refrigerated crust.
Speaking of teenagers, my boys played their last football game of the season on Friday. They finished the season 6-4, pretty good for our small town. It was a five-hour drive to the game and five hours back home, boy was I ever glad to be home. I will be quite happy to have the boys home after school.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2-3 cups all purpose flour (King Arthur is best if available)
- 1 1/4 cups smoked gouda, shredded
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and broke into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ranch dressing for dipping