This tart is so yummy and light! I recommend serving as either a brunch item or as a light lunch with a cup of soup!
- Goat Cheese Tart
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting the board
- To taste Kosher salt
- 13 Tbsp cold unsalted butter, divided
- 3 – 4 Tbsp ice water
- 3/4 cup chopped shallots (3 to 4 shallots)
- 10 1/2 oz garlic-and-herb soft goat cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- * I actually used 6 oz goat cheese, and added both a bit of blue cheese and gruyere for depth/balance.
- * I recommend the Montrachet brand goat cheese.