These Strawberries ‘n Cream Hand Pies might be the BEST thing you will ever eat. That’s if you love strawberries and the most delicious flakey, buttery pastry dough evahhhh. Don’t be shy about making homemade pastry dough. It’s one of the best baking skills for you to acquire. If I can do it easily you sure can! Just be sure to never, ever skimp on the butter.
Store bought pastries are typically way too sweet for me, but these are just right. With only 1 tablespoon of brown sugar in the strawberry, cream cheese filling they are just right to satisfy sweet cravings. I use my favorite Pastry Pie Crust Recipe for these hand pies. A tried and true recipe that always has the best results!
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 pound (3 sticks) cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup ice water
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash
- 1 1/2 cups quartered strawberries
- 3 ounces full fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water