Grilled Peach and Prosciutto Pizza makes for a perfect summer meal but to successfully make a grilled pizza you will first need to know a few tricks. Learn everything you need to know here!
Have you had pizza on the grill yet? Its all the rage. I have been hearing about it for a while now but it took me till this summer to actually get around to trying it. We absolutely loved it and now my husband is requesting grilled pizza every night of the week!
One of my favorite summer combinations is melons and prosciutto. The sweet and salty flavor is everything I could want and more. But melons just don’t seem right for a pizza so I decided to substitute with peaches. Peaches and grills were made for each other. You just brush them with a little bit of butter, pop them on the grill for a couple minutes and from there you can slice them up and put them on a pizza. Or cover them in vanilla ice cream (⇐⇐ heaven!).
- Grilled Peach and Prosciutto Pizza:
- Pizza Dough (I used Pillsbury Whole Wheat)
- Olive Oil for Brushing
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Caramelized Onions (recipe follows)
- ½ Cup Reduced Fat Alfredo Sauce
- 2 Peaches, grilled and sliced
- 10-12 Prosciutto Pieces (sliced very thin)
- 1 Cup Arugula
- Salt and Pepper for sprinkling
- Caramelized Onions:
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Medium Onion
- ½ Teaspoon Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Salt