This Good Humor inspired Strawberry Shortcake Icebox Cake is just the thing to cool you down this summer. Swirls of fresh strawberry ice cream are sandwiched between thick slices of pound cake, whipped cream and a shortbread-strawberry topping.
” alt=”alt description” />
It doesn’t take reading this blog for long to realize that I am a true dessert lover. I have tried to tone down my sweet tooth, cut out refined sugars, lower my carb intake…but somehow that craving starts up all over again and I am right back at it. This isn’t a new habit for me though. Dessert is something I have loved ever since I was a kid.
- 1 Loaf Pound Cake (I used Sara Lee Frozen Variety)
- ½ Gallon Strawberry Ice Cream, softened slightly
- 2 (16 oz.) Tubs Whipped Topping (I used Cool Whip)
- 10 Shortbread Cookies, crumbled
- 10 Strawberry Wafer Cookies, crumbled