A Salted Caramel Banana Pie with an easy 2 ingredient crust made from Nutter Butter cookies. This no fail pie is sure to please everyone and the bananas won’t brown due to a secret ingredient!
When Carrian from Oh Sweet Basil asked me to share my favorite dessert I thought about sharing these berry limeade bars or even my famous blueberry doughnuts. But none of those seemed right. After a while I just knew it had to be this banana pie! Why? Because it is the BEST banana pie known to man. Okay, I am exaggerating a little…but it really is one of our favorites. And happens to be my most requested dessert.
Are you a pie person? I’ve noticed that some are and some aren’t. If you aren’t a pie lover, let me make you a believer. This is no ordinary pie…it is a Salted Caramel Banana pie with a Nutter Butter Crust and banana whip cream just to cut the sweetness. ←←Yeah I went there.
Gosh. Words cannot describe my love for this pie and all its banana goodness. My favorite part about this pie is the crust. It’s easy, no fail, and 2 ingredients. Winning! I’ve perfected this recipe with a secret ingredient so that the bananas don’t turn brown (we’ll get to that in a second). The custard is rich and creamy and doesn’t fall apart when you cut into it…because NO one wants a sloppy banana pie. It really is pure perfection. Here are a few tips to make your pie extra heavenly.
Use just ripe bananas for this recipe. Too done and your pie will be mushy…too hard and it will lack flavor. Look for bananas that still hold their shape but have started to spot slightly on the outside.
- For maximum banana flavor, do not skip infusing the bananas into the custard mixture.
- The secret ingredient for perfect, yellow bananas is orange juice. The acid from the juice keeps the bananas looking bright without interfering with the flavor.
- For stiff whip cream that will hold up, whip the cream in a metal bowl that has been sitting in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before using. For extra thickness, add in a tablespoon of banana pudding mix if needed.
- For the sake of simplicity, I used a bottled salted caramel sauce from the store. But homemade is always welcome!
- You really need to make this salted caramel banana pie! Head over to Oh Sweet Basil where I am sharing the recipe!
- Other Popular Banana Recipes:
- Skinny Banana Pie Protein Shake
- Skinny Banana Rum Rasin Bread