These Slow Cooker Crispy Chicken Carnitas are sure to be a favorite dinner at your house! Use this chicken for tacos or nachos or just serve over rice!
One of the things we’ve started to do to save ourselves from always being in the kitchen is to keep bowls of food in the refrigerator that’s ready to eat. I know that sounds crazy but when you have two boys that seem to want to do nothing besides run outside, play sports, and eat as much as humanly possible…this idea has become a life saver.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- ⅓ cup apple juice
- 1 large navel orange, half sliced and half reserved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Flour or corn tortillas for serving