Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake
I’m not much for Hollywood award shows, but I’m not gonna lie, I love the Academy Awards. I love the spectacle of it, the gowns, the speeches, the whole shebang. I was invited to an Academy Awards party at a friends house this Sunday and interestingly enough, it’s all girls. Is this event something that just doesn’t appeal to men? Don’t they want to see who’s wearing what? I guess not.
My participation required that I bring a dessert, which I’m always happy to do. To pay homage to classic Hollywood, I’ll be bringing a classic cake. This version of *Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake * is chock full of fresh blueberries and drizzled with a tart lemon glaze. I’ve decided to top mine with a sprinkling of sliced almonds.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest