Cucumber and Dill Soup
It’s funny how everybody’s been talking about kale lately, like it’s a Kardashian or something. For the last year or so it’s been the new “it” veg. I know a lot of you out there will find this blasphemous, but I’m really not a fan.
Now a vegetable that I really love and gets very little press is the cucumber. I’m sure many of you find it blandly simple, but I love them in salads, as part of an appetizer, or to give a sandwich some much needed crunch. But, what I really love on a hot summer’s night is this light and refreshing Cucumber and Dill Soup .
- 3 Hothouse Cucumbers peeled and seeded (save about 1/4 of one for garnish)
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/4 sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of fresh dill, minced
- 3 tablespoons of fresh flat-leaf parsley , minced
- 2 teaspoons of fresh mint, minced
- 2 teaspoons of garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- pinch of red chile pepper flakes