I told you i’d be back! Ok, it took a bit longer to get back into the groove than I expected but with thesun shining and warmer weather on the way I am feeling inspired to get back to creative cooking! Enjoy this first recipe back!
Nothing warms the soul after a long day in the snow quite like a ‘sticks to your ribs’ kind of soup. In the winter I am always craving creamy soups but I don’t really want to spend a lot of time cooking and canned soup is out of the question, yuck! I came up with this easy and quick recipe that really hit the spot and best of all it uses some local Utah ingredients that really add a little kick.
- In a sauce pan melt butter over med heat
- add flour and mix
- cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly to remove flour taste
- add milk and broth/bullion and whisk together until smooth and flour is all dissolved
- add cheese and stir until melted together
- chop head of broccoli into tiny pieces, peel stem and dice into pieces (or omit if you don’t like the stem)
- Cook for about 10 minutes at a slow boil, whisking frequently to keep bottom from sticking
- serve and top with shredded cheese, yum!