Have you ever made enchiladas at home, sat down to eat them, and thought, “These are good, but they are missing something.”
It just seems like really good restaurant enchiladas are somehow more flavorful than the enchiladas that most home cooks make.
Well, guess what? This post contains the secret.
The secret is this crazy addictive stuff called chili gravy that is half enchilada sauce, half brown gravy, and 100% amazing. You could make enchiladas out of soggy cardboard as long as you drenched them in enough of this stuff.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups beef stock
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil + 1 tablespoon
- 2 peppers (various), sliced thin
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated