There I was: Beer in hand, nachos in the oven, and ready to watch some Monday Night Football.
I flipped on the TV to find The Voice and a few other reality TV shows on every channel! I was expecting Broncos vs. Chargers! I was expecting Peyton in primetime!
Then I remembered that Monday Night Football is on ESPN which we don’t have. Totally lame.
But hey… the chicken fajita nachos were good!
Chicken Fajita Nachos: Marinade CityThis marinade is perfect for any sort of Tex-Mex situation. It combines all of my favorite flavors: cilantro, garlic, chipotle, and lime juice.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3-4 chipotle peppers (from adobo sauce)
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lime, juice only
- Small handful of cilantro
- Pinch of salt
- 1 pound chicken, sliced thin and marinated
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 2 Serrano peppers, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips