Good morning friends! I’m sitting in the airport in Nashville, TN, waiting to board my plane to come back home after a fabulous retreat with KitchenAid. What a charming city! Is there such a thing as accent envy?
I was warned not to fall in love too hard, and I can definitely see why this place is booming. I’ll share more soon, but for now I want to share these quick and easy Hatch Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas with you.
Just a little note about the ingredients, I used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store to make this come together in a hurry, but if you have more time you could also use 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked in the crockpot for 6-8 hours on low or you could roast your own chicken. I do like the combination of the dark and light meat that the rotisserie offers.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken broth (I used no salt added)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped Hatch green chiles
- 2 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup chopped or shredded cooked chicken (I used a deli rotisserie)
- 1 14 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 ounce can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped Hatch green chiles (I used frozen from Trader Joes)
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 soft taco size flour tortillas