Looking for a sweet treat to cool down with on a hot day? My friend Jessica from Sweetest Menu is totally hooking us up today with this amazing Chocolate Malt Milkshake. I can’t get into the kitchen to make this fast enough, I mean LOOK AT IT!
Hi friends! Jess here from Sweetest Menu ready to share an easy but outrageously delicious Chocolate Malt Milkshake recipe with you. Did you know America makes the best shakes? After 13 hours in a plane, we usually arrive in Los Angeles and hunt down the nearest In-N-Out for one of their ridiculous shakes. But for now, this Aussie will satisfy her cravings with homemade milkshakes. This one is so easy to throw together – it essentially only has 3 ingredients, plus a little extra topping. Made with rich chocolate ice cream and topped with chocolate cream and chocolate malt balls, it’s the perfect treat for a warm summer’s day.
I REALLY enjoyed taste testing this shake. Who knew just three ingredients would make such a lovely and creamy chocolate drink. To make it a little more fancy, you can top your shake with swirls of chocolate whipped cream and crushed chocolate malt balls like I did. You could even throw a few chocolate balls into the shake for a little surprise at the end. Such a great treat for friends and family that can seriously be made in mere minutes. Perfect for a summer barbecue or a movie night in, it’s the ultimate chocolate malt lovers shake.
Chocolate Malt Milkshake
Chocolate Malt Milkshake
- 2 scoops of good quality chocolate ice cream
- 2 tablespoons malt powder
- 1 cup half and half milk
- Chocolate whipped cream, to decorate
- Chocolate malt balls, to decorate
- Add your ice cream to your milkshake cup along with the malt powder and then pour in your milk. Give it a whizz for two minutes or so until all the ingredients are combined. Have a taste test and add more malt or ice cream to your liking. Pour the milkshake into a glass. Top chocolate cream and a sprinkling of crushed chocolate malt balls. Enjoy immediately!
- Jessica Holmes
- Jess loves to create, bake and shoot American-inspired recipes. With a background in advertising, she is a copywriter by day and a recipe creator/dessert taste-tester by night (and on the weekends). Even at her work desk, you will find her daydreaming about calorie-laden sweets and counting down the days to her next trip to the USA.
- Follow Sweetest Menu on Facebook | Instagram | Google Plus | Pinterest
- The post Chocolate Malt Milkshake appeared first on Love From The Oven.
- Related StoriesChocolate Raspberry Bars
- Double Chocolate Cookie Layer Cake