Sometimes the best things in life are a little messy. Like these Caramel Chocolate Chunk Cheesecake Bars With A Pretzel Crust. Much like my life, they are a little crazy, they are packed full of “stuff”, and they can get a little (or maybe a lot) messy.
Messy isn’t always a bad thing, and these cheesecake bars are pretty quick to back that theory right up.
My friends at Bounty are celebrating 50 years of history as the long lasting quicker picker-upper. They asked me if I’d like to share how Bounty has been helping me clean up messes in my life. It’s like they somehow knew that my life was a mess??? Thank you to Bounty for sponsoring this post, and letting me talk about my messy life, which an often be a mess both literally and figuratively.
- 2 1/2 cups crushed pretzels (I run mine through a food processor, then measure AFTER crushing)
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 4 packages (8 ounce) cream cheese (the brick, not the tub!)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 TSBP flour
- 1 1/2 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips or chocolate chunks, divided
- 14 oz bag of caramels for melting (such as Kraft Caramel Bits)
- 2 TBSP water
- Sea Salt