If you follow my blog at all, you might have noticed over time that there aren't any seafood recipes on here. That's because of one simple reason: I don't paticularly care for seafood. (Fish, to be exact.). It may or may not have a little something to do with fishing with my Dad as a kid. Catching the buggers were fun but cleaning them.....notsomuch.
Dad sure loves his Zebco fishing pole.
So in order for my blog to be sharing a seafood recipe, it must be pretty darn good. Am I right?
Or am I right??
This is good stuff. My manly man is still raving about it.
And my daughter said to let everyone know that it tastes way better than it looks.
(For all those moms out there with children that can only eat beautiful food.)
I've been trying to watch the waistline a bit lately and turns out, shrimp is quite low in calories and packs a nice protein punch.
Does this make me a born-again seafood lover?
I'll get back to ya on that....
And once again, it's made in the slow cooker so it's super simple to put together. Just remember to add the cooked shrimp, cooked bacon and evaporated milk after the potatoes are thoroughly cooked through.
Slow Cooker Shrimp Corn Chowder
- 1/2 Cup Celery, Diced
- 1/4 Cup Onion, Diced
- 1 -15 Ounce Can sweet Corn (frozen can be used)
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika, Sweet
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1- 12 Ounce Can Evaporated Milk (fat free can be used)
- 16 Ounces Shrimp (Cooked, Peeled and De Veined)
- 1- 14.75 Ounce Can Creamed Corn
- 4 Slices Cooked Bacon, Crumbled (or pre cooked real bacon pieces)