When your baby turns 1, everyone anticipates the moment when they shove handfuls of cake into their mouth for the first time. This smash cake is all natural, buttery good and filled with lots fresh berries to offset the sweet cake. The frosting is sugar free too!
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 ounces unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- food coloring of choice, to desired color
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, stems removed, quartered.
- ¾ c granular Xylitol
- ¼ c water
- 3 large egg whites (separate and use the yolks in another recipe)
- 3 sticks real butter
- 2 T vanilla extract