If you thought about putting your Crock-Pot away for the summer, think again! Summer is the perfect time to cook in a Crock-Pot because it eliminates the need to turn on the oven and heat up your entire house.
Today, I’m sharing a delicious new recipe twist on queso dip, with no velvetta or rotel required!
This queso dip combines cheddar cheese and cream cheese with fresh ingredients like avocado, jalapenos and cilantro for a creamy, flavorful dip that is sure to be a party pleaser or the perfect side dish for Taco Tuesday!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup onions (diced)
- 1 serrano chili (seeded & diced)
- 1 jalapeño (seeded & diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted and smashed)
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice (app. 2 limes)
- 1 (7 oz) can chopped green chilies
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 8 oz cream cheese (cubed)
- 2 cups pepper jack or cheddar cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup sour cream