If you’ve ever thought, “Man, oh man, I really love pasta and I really love tacos, I just can’t decide which one I love more!” Well, you don’t have to choose between the two anymore!
That’s right, I took the delicious flavors of a taco and incorporated them into this baked ziti recipe, that is not only totally scrumptious, it’s totally easy too!
Last week I was dreaming about the Creamy Avocado Sauce from my Mexican Stuffed Shells and Chicken Enchiladas, (yes, this is what food bloggers actually dream about, lol) and thought, how else can I incorporate this sauce into my life?
- 1 lb. ziti pasta
- 1 lb. ground beef (or turkey)
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning (click link for homemade recipe)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans (drained & rinsed)
- avocado sauce (recipe below)
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large avocados (peeled & de-seeded)
- 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground coriander