Happy Cinco De Mayo everyone! I hope you’re having a great day celebrating with tacos, sombreros and maybe some margaritas 😉
I started my Cinco De Mayo bright and early grilling corn on my balcony at 6 AM (check out my Twitter for that pic!) while preparing for my appearance on San Diego 6 News.
I joined my friends at San Diego 6 again this morning to prepare a Gluten Free Cinco De Mayo feast complete with Blackberry Jalapeño Margaritas, Avocado Tacos, Deconstructed Mexican Street Corn and Buffalo Chili Lime Shrimp Lettuce Wraps from my cookbook Buffalo Style.
- 2 cups chicken breasts (boneless, skinless, cooked and shredded)
- ¼ cup jalapeños (chopped)
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup roasted bell peppers (chopped)
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning (click for homemade recipe)
- 2 limes (1 juiced – 1 sliced in wedges)
- 8 small tortillas