Welcome to the second recipe from what I now lovingly refer to as “Ahi Week”!
After purchasing a large amount of Ahi Tuna at the Whole Foods Del Mar grand opening, I first headed home and whipped up these delicious Mango Avocado Ahi Poke Fillo Baskets. Next on the list to make was my sushi restaurant favorite and yours, Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice Cakes.
And just how do I know they’re your favorite? Because I worked at a sushi restaurant in college and trust me, they are everyones favorite!
This post contains the making of three different recipes:
- 1 lb sushi-grade ahi tuna
- 2 tbsp hot chili sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp hot chili oil
- 1/4 cup vegenaise (or mayonnaise)
- 1 tbsp chives (chopped)
- 2 cups sushi or short grain rice
- 2 cups water, plus extra for rinsing rice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil