- Pin It
- I am not one for starting the day with Mimosas, particularly after drinking Champagne the night before. I would much rather save the leftover bubbly for a chicken in champagne sauce or a risotto. Anything but throw a drop away.
- The recipe below can be adapted in many ways and is perfect for lunch or dinner. You can substitute green peas or shiitake mushrooms for the asparagus while keeping the prosciutto; or you can eliminate the latter altogether and just add champagne and peas, asparagus or mushrooms. It's up to you, what you have in the food closet and how bad the hangover.
- For 2 Servings
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 TB olive oil
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 12 asparagus spears, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Arborio rice
- 3/4 cup Champagne
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper