Cinco de Mayo is this weekend! Anyone having a fiesta?
It’s family tradition to get together on Cinco de Mayo and eat lots of Mexican food, and I can’t wait for it.
Because this fun holiday is quickly approaching I thought it only fitting that I share with you a new Mexican dish.
Let me preface by saying that this dish looked a lot like a casserole, and I’m not a huge fan of casseroles. I was starving and decided to try it any way. To my surprise it was one of the best recipes I had tried in a LOOOONG time! My mom found it in the LDS Living Magazine. It had been submitted by a lady named Celeste Pearson and come to found out – she has a blog called Girls in Aprons! She called this recipe Verde Chicken Mexican Lasagna, and today I will be sharing with you a slightly modified version of this delish Mexican Lasagna recipe.
- 1 lb. chicken, cooked & shredded
- 1 16 oz. container sour cream
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1½ cups Las Palmas Green Chile Enchilada sauce
- 1 15.25 oz. can corn, drained & rinsed
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 1 8 oz. pkg. shredded Mexican blend cheese