Biscuits and gravy is one of Kale and my favorite breakfast foods. We love to order it at restaurants when we go out for breakfast on the rare occasion. It isn’t the healthiest of foods, so it’s a special treat when I make it at home.
Today’s recipe is a super easy way to get your biscuits and gravy craving satisfied in a fun casserole. Flaky biscuits puff up and get golden over the sausage and gravy. It is amazing! There is a secret ingredient in this gravy that makes it extra creamy and so yummy. This casserole would be perfect to serve for a brunch party or for guests on the weekend.
- 1 pound Hot or Mild sausage (I use turkey sausage)
- 4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- black pepper, to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 (18.3 oz.) can Pillsbury Grands biscuits