Caramelized Onion and Fig Burgers: A juicy burger topped with sweet caramelized onions and dried figs. A wonderful change from the classic burger.
Now that the temperature is warming up we are outback grilling almost every night. Coming up with new ways to make a burger is something I love to do. I chose to make these burgers using ground bison. Bison is a sweet lean meat with a mild flavor. Give it a go or you can substitute ground beef for the bison. This gorgeous thick juicy burger has piles of caramelized onions, touches of sweet dried figs. The melted cheese brings it all together to make the most flavorful delicious burger. I love it when a dish has touches of sweet with the savory.
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley ,chopped
- 1 pound ground bison
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium sweet onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dried figs, halved
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese (4 ounces each)re
- red leaf lettuce
- 4 hamburger buns