This is a new take on pineapple upside-down cake . I made this cake using my Peach Upside Down Cake recipe. Instead of peaches I replaced it with banana and very slight changes to the ingredients. I just love the sticky brown caramel sugar dripping down the side of this moist banana cake. This cake will be great for entertaining or just have it for afternoon tea.
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 bananas - peeled and sliced
- Ingredients for the cake:
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup or 113 grms)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large egg
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas - mashed
- Line and greased an 8” round pan or a square baking pan. Prepare the topping. Melt the butter and brown sugar. Pour it to the base of baking pan. Arrange the sliced bananas over the base. Set it aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F. Cream butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Beat in the egg one at a time until well combined.
- Add in vanilla and sour cream. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Slow down the mixer and slowly add in the flour. Mix until combined and lastly fold in the mashed banans.
- Spread the batter over the bananas and bake the cake for 45 - 50 minutes or until golden brown. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes before inverting it to a serving plate.