This post is sponsored by Dole Fresh Fruit and Fresh Vegetables. Dole compensated me for my time. As always, all opinions expressed in this post are mine.
I’m not sure if you are aware, but tomorrow, May 25th, is National Eat More Fruits and Veggies Day. No joke! Brought to you by Dole in their collaboration with Disney to promote Disney Pixar’s Cars 3 movie coming out June, 16,, National Eat More #FruitsAndVeggiesDay is totally a thing and I’m all about it.
There’s something about warmer weather that has me craving pineapple and one of my favorite ways to eat pineapple is in salsa form. True story: Once, for a cooking competition with the required ingredient being pineapple, I made Pineapple Salsa Sorbet and it was Amazing (and won 3rd place. #totallybragging). So, when I set out to create a recipe to commemorate National Eat More Fruits and Veggies Day, I was pretty set on using pineapple salsa.
- 2 cups chopped DOLE® fresh pineapple
- 1 cup quartered and sliced DOLE® radishes
- 1/2 heaping cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- ½ cup packed cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- dash of salt
- 1 head DOLE® cauliflower, broken into small florets
- olive oil spray
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Jalapeño Plum Barbecue Sauce (or vegan barbecue sauce of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 8 whole grain or gluten-free torillas
- 1 DOLE® avocado, sliced