I’ve been sitting here with a blank screen for about an hour (I’ve also been shopping for new oven mitts, though, so I haven’t just been sitting here) because I just don’t know where to start with this Snickers ice cream.
I’m trying to find a way to poetically explain that this might be the best damn ice cream I’ve ever had, vegan or otherwise.
I’m trying to sound calm and/or intelligent while I tell you that the date-based caramel swirling throughout the creamy part is particularly mind-blowing.
- 15 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (full-fat)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- One 13.5-ounce can + 3/4 cup canned coconut milk (full-fat)
- 1/2 cup prepared date caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup smooth unsalted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup quality vegan dark chocolate (I used a sugar-free variety )
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts
- Magic Shell
- leftover caramel sauce
- chopped peanuts
- chopped chocolate or chocolate chips