Do you know what’s awesome on a dreary winter day?
Yes, okay, warm soup. And a fireplace. And a warm blanket that your mom crocheted for you (maybe that’s just me). And hot cocoa. I get it- warm stuff is really nice on a cold day. But do you know what will brighten your day and give you tons of energy during a time when you’d rather be cuddled up underneath a blanket?
A bright citrusy green smoothie, full of all of that citrus fruit from your CSA that’s just building up on the counter, that’s what!
- 1/2 a grapefruit, seeds removed and peeled
- 1/2 a tangerine/tangelo type fruit, seeds removed and peeled
- 1/2 an orange, seeds removed and peeled
- 1 kiwi, peeled
- 1 cup diced frozen mango
- 2 1/2 cups spinach, cleaned and stems removed
- 1/2 cup almond milk, plus more for thinning the smoothie out
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 heaping teaspoon maca powder (optional)
- 2 ice cubes (optional)